Tutorial: How to create an RV wall design
We believe that Freedom of Design will change RVs as we know them.
With total design freedom, we have developed a design process that ensures creating your RV wall design is seamless and successful. Follow these simple steps for creating the RV wall design you've always imagined.
- Contact Amerimax to start the conversation and begin reviewing designs.
- Choose a design from our selection or submit a custom design per the Design Guidelines. (See below)
- Complete a design form along with a grid layout.
- Review Design.
- If modifications are required, review new design.
- Review final design.
- Review and approve proof.
And that’s it, you’re ready to experience a new revolution in RV wall design with Freedom of Design.
In printing design, the quality of the final product depends on the quality of the digital files. Therefore, please carefully follow the following specifications when supplying print files.
Copyright responsibility retains with the supplier of the file. Amerimax is in no circumstance responsible for any copyright infringement due to printing files as supplied by its customers. Amerimax will not use images delivered by customers for other purposes than that of its customer.
All images need to be made up in a 1:1 scale. Lower scales can effect the quality when upscaling.
Positioning of print on a sheet
The customer should give all detailed information of the print on a given sheet-size. Preferable is a digital file of the sheet with the correct size, markings and distances to locate the print on the sheet.
This should also be fixed in the printed file. This means that the art-board in the file should match the sheet size and that the printed design should be positioned at the correct position on the art-board.
Edges of image
The image will be delivered with a 0.118” overlap on each edge of the final product. This is done to prevent unprinted edges when the final product is cut. This makes that the delivered file larger in width and length than the final product.
• Adobe Illustrator: *.ai, *.eps, *.pdf. (Adobe Illustrator with In-design is most preferable. Vector-files are most preferable).
• Adobe Photoshop: *.tiff, *.eps, *.jpg, *.psd. (all Photoshop work result in a pixel-file and therefore not preferable. A pixel file has limitations in case when the image has to be enlarged). Also vectors are possible inside PDF.
Image build up
An image build up in layers needs to be flattened. This means that the multiple-layer image needs to be translated to 1 layer and that is also how the product is being printed.
Crop marks are crossed lines at the corner of an image or product to indicate trimming it. Crop marks may be drawn on manually or automatically applied with some desktop publishing software programs. Crop marks are typically used when printing on a larger sheet than the final trim size of the product, especially when doing bleeds. They indicate where to cut the sheet. Crop marks can also be reference points for further processing, for instance routing.
When a frame is placed around the image there is a risk that while cutting the frame is trimmed off. When using frames, we advise that you place it well within the final product. Please keep a minimum of .02” from the edges of the final product.
Letters and Text
Text in general should be saved in contours or outlines. Not as text blocks. PDF is an exception to this rule.
Resolution and color mode
• The resolution of an image is strongly dependent on the size and distance of observation. When a product is observed from a small distance, the resolution has to be higher than from a large distance. A guide for distance of observation and resolution can be found below.
Distance of observation Resolution
3 ft. 175 dpi
16 ft. 35 dpi
32 ft. 17 dpi
82 ft. 8 dpi
164 ft. 3 dpi
• Use CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) instead of RGB (red, green, blue). All RGB images will be translated to CMYK which may result in color deviation.
A physical sample can be requested.
• On CD, DVD or USB stick
• By e-mail (maximum 8 Mb): info@amerimaxFB.com
• By internet, for example www.dropbox.com